First, the past. In case you've not heard, I did not get the residency position here in Baton Rouge. We were pretty bummed at first, but quickly realized this was our chance to leave Louisiana!
This brings us to the present. I spent the last two weeks traveling around the country interviewing for other positions. Dallas, Philadelphia and Chapel Hill were all very impressive, and I think any of the three would be an excellent opportunity for me. These cities are also good cities for Gena to find work, and she's currently contacting people in each for job opportunities.
Also in the present is #2, who is rapidly growing at 18 weeks. Both Gena and baby are doing very well. Gena seems to be over the worst of the nausea, which is much better than last time! Here she is at 17 weeks, looking lovely as usual (and pregnant).
Finally, we have the future. On Friday we will find out the sex of the next addition to our little family. Like my brother and his wife, we don't plan on discussing names until we know the sex. Oh, in case you haven't heard their news by the way, Pete and Alison are expecting their first this September! We're very excited for them, and for Cora to have her first Nichols-cousin. For those who are interested, Alison is posting about their pregnancy here.
The following Friday, March 2, is the first day offers go out for residencies. Hopefully I won't have to wait long, but after a week or so I imagine all of the offers will have been made, the positions filled, and we will know our destination for the next two years. For now I'll try to be excited about #2 (not too difficult) and finish a full draft of my thesis (a little more difficult).
I promised a little cute, so without further ado, here she is—our very own cute factory!
| She loves playing underneath the table, no matter how many times she hits her head. |
![]() |
| Video chatting is wonderful while I'm away! |


Thanks for the updates! We miss seeing you guys. Selfishly, I hope the residency in Dallas comes through! Maybe we'll see you soon.
ReplyDeleteMark
BTW, as of Cora's 18 month Dr's appointment she weighed 30.2 Lbs. and measured 33.5" tall, putting her in the 90th and 95th percentiles (I can't remember which was which). The Dr has stopped telling us to expect her growth curve to plateau!
ReplyDeleteYou know that I want you in Dallas or at least close to us!
ReplyDelete