Monday, October 4, 2010

Marshmallow pictures - Month 2

At random times during the day I will look at Geoff and comment on how big Cora has gotten. She's filled out, grown longer, and has the adorable chubby cheeks to prove how well she's growing. Our baby girl is 2 months old. 


In the past month, Cora has started becoming more aware of her surroundings. She makes more eye contact and moves her head toward our voices. She recognizes our voices when she hears them through the phone. Sometimes she'll chatter at us and sometimes she'll just smile. 


Smiley times tend to be in the morning. By the time we're all home from work and school, Cora is mostly interested in eating and sleeping. She's a great sleeper; we put her down at 8 pm or so, and she doesn't wake up until around 3 am. Then she's back down until we get her up and ready for the day at 6:00.


So far Cora is a good baby. Crying is a rare occasion and usually occurs when she's very hungry or very tired. Mostly she's content to kick around on a pallet on the floor with Geoff, Soup the cat, Clark the dog, and me nearby.


Toys aren't really a big part of life yet. She'll hold onto things we put in her hand, but she hasn't yet mastered the fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination required to reach out and grab objects.


My favorite bit is that Cora loves to cuddle. Holding her and patting her back with her face buried in my neck is one of the sweetest things in the world. I could spend all day just hugging and cuddling my darling baby.


Cora's also gaining strength and holding her head up more and more. The evidence is in Geoff's favorite picture from our 2 month photo shoot. 

3 comments:

  1. All of the pictures are great! The last one is really cute with her funny expression.
    Thanks for all the details about how she's growing and what she's doing. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is hilarious! I love it (well, I love them all, but that one is awesome)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I'll get to see her in person tomorrow!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete