Thursday, October 21, 2010

tired of Geoff

It has come to my attention that you are tired of seeing pictures of me.  Our technical staff is aware of this issue, and is working tirelessly to get an update out as soon as possible.  Please check back soon and often, as we hope to have this resolved very soon.  Fore those of you interested in the technical details, here's the problem:  Gena takes lots of pictures.  On the surface there is absolutely nothing wrong with this.  In fact, it's wonderful, as most of the pictures you have enjoyed on this blog have been taken by her.  However, it means most of the pictures of Cora being held are of Cora being held by me!  The first time Gena pointed this out, I took the hint and got to snapping.  Here are a few of the results.


Ok, I'm a smart guy: I can keep our cars running; I can probably still direct a choir; I can even irradiate a thermoluminescent detector, then create the calibration curve necessary to determine the delivered dose, but I apparently can't figure this out!  It's very important to Gena that I include the baby's face, and not cut off Gena's forehead.  I came very close with the last one, but Cora was not very cooperative.  Like the good student I am, I practiced.  





I'll keep working on it, but I hope you are pleased with my progress.  One thing I do better than Gena when it comes to photography is the self-group photo.  These long arms aren't just for getting things off the top shelf!


We had a nice visit with Leta last weekend.  I tried to tell Gena a few weeks ago that I thought Cora looked just like her Nana, but it wasn't until Leta showed up that Gena really saw what I meant.



Yes, that is ice cream...no, we did not let her feed any to Cora...and yes, Leta looked just like that about 10 minutes later.  :)

4 comments:

  1. No, we aren't tired of seeing pictures of you...but it's nice to see Gena, too! The collage at the top could be better, but you're improving! The other pictures are really good. I love the self group photo. Thanks for all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of Cora passed out on Mom's lap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wonderful visit and enjoyed holding Cora a lot. Geoff, the first pictures are really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, don't worry Geoff, you have lots of time to practice! And luckily, you have two beautiful women in your life with which to do so. Cute new pictures! =)

    ReplyDelete