Seeing as this is Gena's first Mother's Day, and she is currently in Milan, Italy, I felt this post was necessary. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, mothers-to-be, mothers-in-law, honorary mothers, step-mothers, and anyone else I forgot out there, I hope today is worthy of you.
Gena, wherever you are right now (hopefully still Milan), and whatever you're doing (probably listening to someone talk about an infectious disease of some sort), Cora and I want you to know that you are very, very special. You make the hard times not quite so hard, and you make the good times even gooder. You have somehow managed to turn me into a responsible adult (please excuse my last interjection for a shout out to my Mom who also played a part in that role...I love you Mom!) just in time try to raise a human being from the parasite you so lovingly carried for those long months. Just when I think I'm about to snap, you swoop in and make things alright. You have a way with Cora like only a mother could, and I love you all the more for it. Cora absolutely adores you, and I can already see her wanting to follow in your every footstep. You must also have had one heck of a mom to somehow know how to be everything Cora needs without even trying (ok, I lied, here's my last interjection...I love you too Leta!). This year I'm making my very first Mother's Day Resolution. I resolve to show you every day just how much I love you, and how much we appreciate your amazing Momness. You truly are our wonderful. Happy Mother's Day.
![]() |
| This is begging to be clicked on! |

You said such sweet things! Thank you. I am sure that Gena is thinking of you and Cora even if she is in Italy. I love you, too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers' Day, Gena!!
ReplyDeleteOK - You made me cry! Love you all.
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwww precious! Here's to many more Mother's Days to come, hopefully with Gena being home for them!
ReplyDelete